Christchurch is committed to safeguarding as an integral part of its life and ministry. Safeguarding is about the action we take to promote a safer culture within the church community This means we will:
- promote the welfare of children, young people and adults
- work to prevent abuse from occurring
- seek to protect and respond well to those that have been abused.
You can also contact Michael Elliott, Trinity Methodist Circuit Safeguarding Officer by email firstname.lastname@example.org or Tel 078 349 52263.
We are a Baptist and Methodist Partnership and follow the safeguarding policies and procedures of the Methodist Church
If you want more information about the safeguarding policy framework in which the Church works, follow the links below to
- Christchurch Safeguarding Policy agreed annually by its Church meeting November 2023
- The Safeguarding Policies and Procedures of the Methodist Church
For children who want someone to talk to
Tel 0800 1111
Or write to Childline, Freepost 1111, London N1 OBR
Parentline is run by Family Lives a national charity set up to respond to the needs of families, particularly parents and other adult carers.
Tel 0808 800 2222
National Domestic Abuse Helpline
Are you worried about domestic abuse?
Contact the Freephone 24-hour National Domestic Abuse Helpline
Tel 0808 2000 247